Boy oh boy oh boy am I ever enjoying my time off. Getting some work done - not. Watching lots of tv and reading lots of books - yes! It is so nice not to have to rush to do everything. Next week when I go back that'll all change. I've got morning duty AND parking lot duty. That will give me zero free time except for lunch during the day. Actually I am getting a little bit of work done. The garage looks a teeny bit better and I again cleaned out my closet. I've gone down a pants size so had to get them out of the garage and the fatter pants packed upstairs. Next Monday is my 35th anniversary - hard to believe. Where did the time go?
Today I sat in the waiting room waiting to get my yearly mammogram and met the most interesting person. She had spent most of her life as a park ranger until she had her first baby (a son) at the age of 42. She said he changed her life so much (I bet!). He is now 14 - wonderful age, don't you think? He thinks she knows nothing. The fun part of the conversation was when she told me what Riverside was like "back in the day." They used to shoot beer cans in the field where my church sits now. There are still lots of beer cans around - some things don't change that much. Where we live used to be all dusty and dirty. As I said, not much really changes!
Enjoy your day!
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment