Thursday, February 22, 2007
Road Trips
Hubby and I went on a fun road trip over the past weekend because I had a four-day one to celebrate our presidents. It was fun, but I was so worn out that I slept sitting up most of the 700+ mile ride ride. The scenery (what I saw of it) was so cool - very mountainous, deserty and very little green. The weather was nice, even somewhat hot. We went to see the Hoover Dam, the London Bridge, but the most fun was visiting a pastor and his wife in Quartzsite, Arizona. They were a blast. The house was full of delightful animals - two cats, two dogs, and two gigantic noisy birds. What a riot! We actually stayed in a little cabin they were redoing about a block from their parsonage. Church was fun, too, because this is the time of the year all the snowbirds are visiting trying to find a bargain on gems. What an interesting place! I LOVE traveling - just wish I didn't get so tired. The troops wear me out! I wonder if THEY ever tire? Doesn't seem so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sounds like a fun time in the desert!
What are the troops? The kids?
Yup - the kids.
Post a Comment