Friday, August 10, 2007
Back to the Saddle Again
Well, it's off to work on Monday. Where did the summer go? Each year, Steve reminds me I hate the end of summer and dread going back to work. I watched "The Ron Clark Story" a couple of nights ago to jumpstart that old desire to meet my new class and get going with preparations. It helped a lot. There are some really amazing teachers out there along with their inspirational stories of work with students and families. My major goal is always to instill the love of books and reading to my students. They are at a perfect age for that. With so much excellent children's literature available, it seems like an easy goal. Last year I had a real challenge with one of my students, but we hit it again. By the end of the year, she was reading during all her spare time and improving rapidly! It just took us the FULL year to get there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Isn't it back IN the saddle again? :) :)
How did your first day back go? And how was retreat?
Have a great year! I go back on the 28th! I have been visiting with Kellie and Kayden. They came out for a visit on July 26. They leave this Thursday. Life with an 18 month old...whew...glad we do that when we are young!
I can't wait for the new school year. I love the graduate courses I am taking. I have so many ideas to do this year. Fifth grade will be fun!
Post a Comment