Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Ant Farm

Well, no comments on getting an ant farm? Has anyone ever had one? Admittedly, I still have a bunch right outside my door, but I think a farm would be cool. We have a story titled "Ant," too, so I'm moving closer to getting one. One thing that especially excited me in the Costa Rica rainforest was seeing leaf cutter ants like in our story - I took pictures to show my class - ahhh the life of a teacher!

Two days ago it was 112 degrees, but today it was back in the 90s - felt like a real cooling down! We were able to send the kids to a full lunch and have PE outside. It's supposed to stay in the 90s for a few days now - whew!

I'm getting to love my little class. I'm full at 20 and have 10 girls and 10 boys. We are very busy already - no time to play!

3 comments:

ldperez said...

I think I have an ant farm in my kitchen . .. : }

Leah

Sally said...

I'm so sorry, we've been battling ants also, but these would be contained
(-;

Amy said...

I think an ant farm would be interesting to watch.