Thursday, September 13, 2007

Garbage, garbage, everywhere

Not since I was a kid in New Jersey have I seen so much litter. I guess people think it's attractive to see their garbage strewn out all across the highways. It drives me CRAZY. Even in NJ they put an end to this and we're talking many, many years ago. Is there litter in other places? I need to know. I noticed this summer in northern CA signs were EVERYWHERE No littering - $1000 fine. Why, oh why don't they have that here?

2 comments:

Mrs. Cobb said...

One thing about Maine is that you DO NOT SEE LITTER on the roads! We recycle bottles and cans, actually we get our five cents back that we pay when we buy them. It adds up and it can be a great fundraiser for different organizations. Right now the fifth grade is doing a bottle/can drive with the money going towards our end of the year field trip to Plymouth Plantation in MA.

Maine also prohibits billboards on the highways! You really notice things like this when you leave the State.

Sally said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds wonderful!